Matthew C. Jaime
Mr. Jaime is a Sacramento native, where he attended Jesuit College Preparatory High School. He continued his education by receiving a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from St. Mary’s College of California. His legal education was completed at the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, where he received his Juris Doctorate in 1988. Mr. Jaime joined the firm in 1989, became a partner in 1996, a named partner in 2007, and Managing Partner in 2018.
Mr. Jaime has been fortunate to try a number of cases commencing very early in his career. During his career, he has tried over 45 cases to verdict, including matters involving wrongful death, sexual harassment, gender discrimination, and catastrophic injuries. While most matters resolve long before trial, Mr. Jaime handles every matter as if his client’s position will be presented to a jury. He finds preparation is the key to obtaining the best result regardless of the nature of the dispute.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a multiple plaintiff sexual harassment case.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a disputed liability motor vehicle vs. skateboarder case resulting in a traumatic brain injury.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a motor vehicle vs. motorcycle case resulting in catastrophic injuries.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a highway speed rear-end collision in which the plaintiff claimed the need for back and knee surgery resulted.
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Sacramento Valley Chapter (President— 2019)
- American Bar Association
- Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California and Nevada
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Peer Review Rated Member