Madison M. Simmons
Madison Simmons is a litigation associate with Matheny Sears Linkert & Jaime, LLP. Ms. Simmons earned her Juris Doctorate from McGeorge School of Law in May 2013. During law school, Ms. Simmons was a member of the Moot Court Honors Board. Her team placed second at the 2012 National Criminal Procedure Moot Court Competition in San Diego. She was also a member of the Honors Mock Trial Team and was awarded the Capitol City Trial Lawyers Outstanding Trial Advocate Award. Ms. Simmons served as an articles editor on McGeorge’s Global Business and Development law review journal. Upon graduation she was selected to join the Order of the Barristers.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Simmons gained experience working as a plaintiff attorney in the areas of medical malpractice, personal injury, employment and fire litigation.
Ms. Simmons grew up in Catheys Valley and worked for the National Park Service in Yosemite National Park in college. In her free time she enjoys cooking, hiking and traveling with her twin sister.
- Obtained complete dismissal in a Federal Court case alleging religious discrimination against a California school district. Motion to Dismiss under 12(b)6 was granted with prejudice as to all causes of action.
- Obtained successful demurrer for federal 1983 civil rights claims against a school district on constitutional sovereign immunity grounds.
- Obtained several favorable settlements on behalf of clients, including a settlement obtained immediately upon filing a Motion for Summary Judgement for a commercial business owner.
- Member of defense team pursuing attorney fee/sanctions award arising out of the 2007 Moonlight Fire Case wherein Cal Fire was ordered to pay all defendants $32.4 million.
- Anthony M. Kennedy American Inn of Court
- McGeorge Moot Court Alumni Board – Vice President
- Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California
- Sacramento County Bar Association