Coell M. Simmons
Coell Simmons is a litigation associate with Matheny Sears Linkert & Jaime, LLP. Ms. Simmons earned her Juris Doctorate from McGeorge School of Law in May 2013. During law school, Ms. Simmons served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Edmund F. Brennan, United States Magistrate Judge at the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California. She also served as an associate managing and technical editor of the Pacific McGeorge Global Business & Development Law Journal.
Ms. Simmons has practiced for both defense and plaintiff civil litigation firms in Sacramento, specializing in general tort litigation, medical malpractice, non-profit defense, and wildfire litigation.
She grew up near Yosemite National Park where she worked as a campground ranger for the National Park Service. She enjoys spending time with her family, reading and hiking with her dogs.
- Represented a plaintiff in five-week long financial elder abuse hybrid jury and court trial handling the examinations of fourteen witnesses. Obtained a plaintiff verdict and ultimately successfully appealed court judgment to reinstate favorable jury verdict.
- Represented a defendant driver and insurance intervenor in a two-week jury trial in a case of admitted liability handling the examinations of sixteen lay and expert witnesses.
- Obtained dismissals of parties in successful demurrers and motions for summary judgment
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- National Native American Bar Association
- The California Indian Law Association